My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Catholic me

Very much interested in the religion itself – why we have certain beliefs and practises
Interested in issues faced – such as abortion, stem cells, euthanasia, annulment
Interested in stories – of saints, or miracles happen, the holy Eucharist
I also like reading up on stuff like the occult, new age, etc.. as in, what is it that draws us, spiritual warfare, how we are constantly fighting against it, exorcisms Interested in youths & leadership.. which is where I am right now.


I’m pretty particular about certain things and I can’t seem to accept certain things either. E.g. I will never ever miss Sunday mass. I can’t help but feel that I will be committing a terrible sin if I do. (even though there were times when I was so pissed with things I really wanted to skip mass but couldn’t bring myself to do it). I cannot for the life of me understand how people can just skip mass, saying that they are busy with other stuff and God understands.
I cannot understand how Catholics can divorce and remarry, (probably that’s what makes me so interested to know about annulments) neither can I understand how they can convert to another religion, or become Christians.
I’ve learnt that the people whom you thought knew everything actually don’t. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.I’ve learnt that authority may not always be right, but because they are authority, its best to try to see their point of view, shut up and just listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home