My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Reflections of the week!!

Hey hey!! How was your Sat? It’s fast man doncha think? Time that is.

Today I went Ikea with Seb. He wanted to buy his quilt cover. While waiting for him I was leaning against the railing and suddenly I felt ticklish and saw a little green spider. Eeeeks. It was rubbing its ‘fangs’. Yucks. Hope it didn’t bite me without me knowing haha. I think this month it’s gonna be the most number of times I’ve ever been to that area – Anchorpoint etc. In fact I seldom go there haha. After that we had difficulty thinking of where to go coz it was so early. Was 8plus!! So decided to go Marina Square but ended up at ‘Fuzion’ Millenia Walk where we drank smoothies. Its great to be able to drink such drinks. *hint* Anyway, so empty that area. Wonder why pple don’t go there. So different compared to City Hall. Anyway I had a great time as always. Wish he didn’t stay so far from me though. He stays in Bedok.

Anyway.. just now I was just messaging a few of my ‘old’ friends how they were. A couple replied. Another one was wrong number already. Okie, time to delete it off. Anyway the one who replied was one of my ex ‘supervisors’. He was the Cinema Executive when I was working part time at GV. He was 4 years my senior, that time I was 19, he was 23, as were most of them. Haha, so funny now I’m coming to 23. Anyway, he’s one great person to know even though I haven’t met him, in, 2 years, coming to 3? Haha. I remember.. back in 2002… I took a break for the exams.. and when I came back, we had new faces and he was one of them. Somehow he seemed to know me. I think I didn’t like him at first (thought he was cocky and fierce haha!) but he turned out to be one of the nicest. He was one of those people whom you could look up to. Had authority, responsibility, was understanding of situations, could joke, and basically was an all round nice guy. In fact, I went to my first club with him, Alvin (another executive) and Seb (whom was working with me at GV at that time). Boom Boom Room. Yep, the very club that closed down a week or so ago. *sobsob* Memories sia. I sorta ‘pestered’ them as usual.. well not really pester lah.. asked them could we go clubbing since I really wanted to, but no khaki.. they were so sweet.. they were working on that Sat, but because of me, they didn’t go home and rest, spent their night with me. At first it was me, Wence (that’s his name) and Alvin. Coz I didn’t think Seb would actually club. Yeah I thought he was pretty kwai that time. He still is in a way :) anyway, yup.. then when we were walking to the club, Wence decided to call him.. and he came!! But he didn’t know that we were clubbing… thought we were just meeting up. And then when we were about to go in, Wence was like, (to Alvin) ‘You pay for her, I pay for him’.. I was like so surprised. I mean, I suggested it, and obviously we would be going Dutch. But they really did pay for us and I felt slightly bad.. coz then they spent close to $50 each… just coz of me. And I also admire that quality in them.. whereby, in their position, they probably thought that they were working and we were not, so decided to treat us. It's not a must, or a rule, but it's a nice gesture. Something that I've seen in another person too, but not many. I guess it also depends on the moment, and how much you earn. I know I can't really do it for pple whom I'm not close too, coz firstly I earn so little, secodnly, I'm more of a pressies buying person rather than a treating person. But that day it was fun. One song I remember was Ricky Martin ‘She Bangs’. And the drag show was pretty funny. Plus it was someone’s birthday so a bit of ‘saboing’, lol. And it was when I knew my first alcoholic drink, Vodka 7Up. Hehe… and that was the only alcoholic drink I knew and drank until my bdae last year when I was introduced to Baileys and flaming Lamborghini’s. Anyway, it was really sweet of them and I couldn’t bear to leave at 2 plus. I was also very sad when Alvin had to be transferred to another GV and later Wence too. Oh well. Right now Alvin seems to have disappeared but thank God, Wence is still keeping in touch with me. Hope I can meet up with him one of these days. That would be fantastic.

Yeah. :) Besides looking up to him, I’m sure by now you can guess I had a little crush on him at that time. Haha. ;) Anyway by having a crush, it does not necessarily mean ooh, I wanna be in a relationship with you. It could simply means I admire their qualities. Anyway, that was a long time ago, and I’m so privilege to have known someone like him, as there are not that many people like that out there. He was really a great supervisor, understanding about schedules and all that, helping us out at the candy bar, box office, coming to chit chat once in a while, making sure we ate and all that. And I’m going to be 23 soon!! Can I be like that, I wonder. I mean, have all those great qualities. Or will I be as immature and irresponsible and blur as ever. Oh well. Hee. :)

I always seem to like the same kind of guys too. Mature, responsible, know how to handle situations (that’s being mature/responsible isn’t it) haha, caring and having a sense of humour at the same time. I wonder will I ever end up with that sorta person, who will like me too. Coz looking back.. my past 2 relationships.. it seemed like I got into them for the sake of getting into them. In the beginning it was all so lovey dovey. And also, I wasn’t friends with them long before I got into the relationship. Hmm, well I guess you make mistakes and learn from them. All I know is I sure don’t wanna waste another 2 years of my life with the wrong person when I sorta knew that right from the start. Haha. Anyway, not to worry, now’s the time to enjoy!!! Else I miss out on the finer things in life and be too old to try them out. Btw, clubbing anyone??? Me wanna dance!!

Oh yeah… and guess what.. I found out earlier this week that the cute guy in my office is merely a coupld of years older than me! I thought he looked young. Now to get to know him… muahaha :D

Oh yeah, yesterday’s retreat was fun. I went for 6pm weekday mass at Holy Spirit.. and thought I could still reach church at 7.30pm. But I was still at Orchard at 7.15pm!! My goodness. As a result, taxi again! * roll eyes* $2 surcharge CDB. And worse, I almost had a heart attack coz the taxi driver didn’t know where Kampong Bahru Road was. Luckily he figured that out later. So I was late, but not too late. Reached about 7.45pm. At the lift landing saw this girl standing there looking very fierce and sullen. She was dressed in Bermudas and a tee and looked like a boy. Anyway as we got in the lift, she was like, ‘ur one of the facilitators’? I was like yeah.. then silence. Then I asked, ‘r u one of them too’? And she said no, she was one of the teachers!! Oh my goodness. Haha… she looked like a student herself. And later on saw that she was really a teacher, when she addressed the kids. Anyway.. met Amilia, Edwyn and Ivan, all from CAYC. And Audrey & Jocelyn from a group at Novena church (I can’t remember gotta check that out :P) and also, Shaun and John.. can’t remember which church also.. and others, haha. Amilia was really nice, thanking me and apologising to me for I’m not sure what before and after. Erm, Edwyn was a bit sullen.. I mean not so friendly until Fr Quek introed. The rest ok lah, especially Audrey and Jocelyn who were really funny. They were much older than me, just like I am much older than most of the styggies. Lol. And I doubt if they’d all remember me after this, but we’ll see if we bump into them again, hee.

What happened was, things didn’t go as planned at Sentosa, where the girls were supposed to be at 3pm. They didn’t eat at all!! So actually at 8pm, they were supposed to have a session, but they scrapped that and decided to play a game instead to lift their spirits up. The game played was called ‘dragons game’, whereby they get into groups, and put their hands on each other’s shoulders in a line. Kinda like a long chain. The first person in each group is supposed to grab the towel that is sticking out in the shorts of the last person’s group! Haha…. Dunno if you can tell how fun it was from what I’m typing but it was. Total chaos. I joined in for one game too, supposed to be the last person, but it didn’t work too well, as I was wearing a skirt, the towel kept falling off. Hee. And one girl got injured too, as she fell, started bleeding from the knee. Oh well. Other times I just stood there, like most of them. And one of them told me I looked ‘lost’ and that most of the time what they do is just stand around. Haha. Well, kinda true.. felt pretty lost and helpless not sure what to do. But it was fun lah. Saw some familiar facses like Marianne!! and Felicia, etc. Sorry I couldn’t stay.. was surprised that you came to me to ask. Anyway, what did I learn? I leant.. I gotta stop being a bit blur and react quickly on some occasions!! Lol… And well, nothing much… except to put your heart and soul when organising these sorta things…like they did. And then after that Brother asked if I would be helping out on Sat, since I changed my working day, and I said no.. :P I think he wanted me to, but oh well. Anyway, it’s pretty scary when people look up to you.. I guess I’m so used to being the youngest and looking up to others. That’s something I gotta brush up on too.

Anyway I was really happy when I saw them. I don’t know, I guess it’s just their company that purely makes me happy. But after that, I felt lost again. But I’m very grateful to you for noticing. And when you did mention it, you did so in a nice way, and not just asked me an awkward question. The funny thing is, I’m not very close to you. But you’ve always been nice to me. I don’t think you’ll ever be reading this, but I thank God that there are still genuinely nice people like you around and you’re really special to me. I’ll be praying for you :)

I realise that my mood of the week has changed to being pretty happy. I guess I gotta learn to balance between work and play (the motto of my primary sch, Radin Mas!!) which I seemed not to be doing at the start of the week. Just kept plain worrying. Tomorow will be back to thinking about work again, and what to do, how I wanna do it and the necessary things to be done. But I think I'll be ok.



There are a few types of people in this world, that I like, and hopefully for some of them, consider as a friend. (although you prob won’t be reading this, but a tribute :) )

Top on my list… my friends like Seb, Karen, work buddies like Regine, Sandhya. Simply coz I can truly be myself with you guys. I can crack jokes and be silly, and disturb you, with you getting the joke and not being offended or saying something sarcastic back. Especially Seb & Karen, I can talk with you guys about mostly anything. I can simply just enjoy your company even though we might not say anything. That’s the way it is. Regine & Sandhya… for making life bearable at work and adding fun into it!!

Friends like Mai, Nazira, Meixin, Sihan, Wence.. some whom I’ve known for ages, have not really met up so often, but whom still keep in touch. I value your friendship a lot, and I thank you for your sincerity in maintaining it. With the exception of Mai of course, whom I have been able to meet up with lately. I thank you for being my great msn/sms buddy!! Without such people, to keep me company online or through the day, life would be Boring. With a capital B.

People of ‘authority’.., people who have always been there but always seem so ‘dao’. Haha. Probably just looks or appearances being deceiving. Being where I am now has sorta given me the opportunity to get to know you. Its up to me where I wanna take it. I will try to break the ice and the ‘perception’ I have of you guys and learn from you as much as possible. People who seem bias too. Oh well, I guess I gotta live with you, or, I must just bump into you again so I guess I gotta learn how to like you.

People who are of different wavelengths, and who may share different interests from me. You guys are really unique and special. I guess I will just carry on praying and trying to reach out to you guys, coz I believe that God put you in my life for a reason… and not to know you guys even though sometimes I may not know what you are talking about, would be unthinkable!! Hee…

Good night and God bless.

Love, ~ Marie
1.20am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home