My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Bad Day turned Fantastic.. amazing!!

Hi!! I haven’t written for a week… got lots to tell.. but firstly, just wanna share with you about my day today.

Today was a bad day. At least it started off as. I was shocked at how sly my colleaugue could be. In fact I’m wondering why am I shocked, it should come as no surprise. Somehow along today, things got pretty busy.. I had an acceleration of cases, and all of them urgent.. as in needed to be attended to asap. Customers kept calling to find out the outcome, quiz for our newsletter that needed to be completed, phonecalls to make, etc.. manager was so nice… she knew I had a lot of things to do at the moment, coz she was talking to me about one of the case and the others kept on coming in as she was standing there. So as she was going off to leave me to my stuff, she asked, “can you manage or not?” and then she made some joke. I thought to myself so nice to have such a manager. And then.. later on in the day I had this case… this lady called to complain and find out about Meiji Milk 2 litres that had a quality issue. She was pretty pissed and was angry that it was only surfaced in the media yesterday, when the cases came out a week ago. To cut a long story short, I’ll just tell you the gist of it. She wanted supplier’s number. I consulted my manager about it, who told me get it from my colleague, but not to give it to customer, rather to find out the contact person that customer can call. Unfortunately, me being so kan cheong, I didn’t hear that part.. I rushed to get the number from my colleague, who was surprised when I told her my manager said can give me. But she did not say anything and passed it to me. I immediately called customer and gave her the number. After talking to customer, I tried calling my manager but could not get through. To my surprise, my colleague handed me HER handphone and said the manager was on the line. Then my manager started asking me about it, explaining what could have happened and sorta ‘nagging’ at me.. like saying, “Marie, how could you? I wanna trottle you’ like that.. but I could hear from her voice she was not angry. Later on when I had some time to breathe and think, I realised that my colleague called my manager on her hp, she couldn’t wait and she did it behind my back… I was really hurt.

It was actually time to go back and I started msging everyone about what happened coz I was really hurt. Yes hurt was the word.. hurt and disappointed… Then I looked at my handphone and I was surprised to receive a msg from my manager… she said: “Apologies for sounding impatient just now. I do appreciate your assistance for the case”. I was so surprised! I already knew my manager was genuinely nice, but to receive this kind of message after how my colleague behaved, it really made me want to cry.

This is only one of the many incidents that happen. I find that she can’t wait to point out what I do wrong. The thing is when I just joined the company and asked her for help, she would snap at me. Now when I know better, here she is correcting me. She loves checking up on me, asking me about my cases and why I haven’t closed them. So free? And the thing I find very irritating is that she is so KAYPOH. She always LOOKS at my pc. Whenever she talks to me, she immediately makes her beeg beeg eyes zoom in on my pc. And not only that.. always when I hang up the phone with a customer, or talk to my other colleague about something, she always says, why why. Like it is any of her business. I feel like telling her off really. Right now – 10.57PM I’m really really tired, so I may not be expressing myself properly, and you may not get or understand what I’m saying, but it’s just so frustrating at times. Perhaps next time when Im more awake I will explain.

Oh yeah and another thing she did was she started interrogating me about a friend I had in a company. Seriously interrogating me, staring me down, putting her hand on my shoulder and asking if he was my boyfriend. And she did that for 10 over minutes. And after that she said, “you’re trying to get all your church friends to join the company?” oh my goodness. Coz he was my church friend and I made the mistake of telling her that. When she first met me and got to know I was Catholic already she asked, “how’s your relationship with God? We feel that Catholics don’t have a good relationship with God’” Coz she’s Christian. Sigh. I actually shifted my monitor position, but I found out today it doesn’t help coz she just moves her chair back and stares at my PC right n front of me just the same.

It’s really terrible, but when I see how good my manager is to us, and me, and when I laugh and talk to my other colleaugue (whom I’m, quite close with), I feel thankful and blessed. It’s just frustrating to have this happen and I can’t even do anything about it, or talk about it to anyone.

Then after that on the bus, I almost lost my earring. It came off, and as I was about to put it on, the bus jerked, it fell and I couldn’t find it!!! I was really in a terrible down mood by then. (Coupled with lack of sleep) Coz this pair of earrings were a present.. and not only that, have become my favourites.. purple (my favourite colour) stones that make up a cross and dangles. Amazingly, just at my bus stop that I was about to get off, it appeared under my seat.

And then on the next bus that I took, this old lady who was getting past me to sit inside near the window, stepped on my toe! My last toe on my right foot.. and since she was old, she moved slowly and her whole weight was on my toe for a minute or so… so painful.. I thought it would be okay after rubbing.. but when I got up and started walking it was so painful I started tearing… I couldn’t walk properly, and it still is painful :(

I thought today was a bad day.. and then we had our core meeting… and my spirits got lifted!!! I had tons of fun… forgot about the bad day… and God answered my prayers.. coz I was praying that we would be able to be serious when we needed to.. and of course settle a few outstanding stuff.. and most importantly, for his will to be done… and I know it was coz I did not have a heavy heart about decisions made… and we were laughing and joking and having lots of fun and interaction.. First time we were on our ‘own’, and had a ‘serious’ meeting, and Nandee even played the closing song on the guitar… “One Way”.. I wanted to play but couldn’t follow him.. couldn’t play and sing at the same time.. so chose to sing.. and Nandee can play really well… I feel so optimistic about the future right now.. a far contrast from how I felt before and being down about stuff… so exciting!! Praise the Lord.. a bad day turned good…Ralph was missing though.. and I really hope God answers my prayers about Friday.

Well that’s my day in a nutshell.. got lots more to tell and elaborate… but am really dead tired and if I don’t go rest soon I’ll cause trouble for myself. Till next time!
God bless,
Love,~ Marie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home