My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Monday, June 28, 2004

She's so lucky...

Okie dokes, hihi.. how have you been..

Let me start with a recount of what happened last Sat.. last Sat, I worked from 10am to 5pm... this time, my counter was just beside Yana, this Malay girl, so I talked to her a bit.. also went for lunch together with her.. she's one year younger than me, 1983, but she already has a baby and she just got married one week ago, last Sun! But I couldn't go for her wedding as I think I went for evening mass and I was on MC... Her baby Nazrul, if I remember correctly is 7months old.. and the father is not her husband.. I shall not comment anything about this, its not my place to say.. but what I wanna share is what she shared with me, about giving birth!! So interesting.. first hand account.. from a friend.. very, very painful as what is imagined, she says that when the water bag bursts everywhere is so bloody and wet.. in labour already so painful...and when the baby is coming out, its like naturally pushing itself out, so you have to push together.. and it feels like you are shitting.. hahaha... and once the baby comes out, you will be so tired.. but at the same time, you gotta push again to get the placenta out.. interestin haha.. seriously, coz my sis in law gave birth and all, my mom, to me, etc, but never talk about this with them.. so now I know lah ;)

Then after work, rushed home to get ready to go for Jackie's (cousin) wedding dinner... took taxi, reached about 7.30pm, but none of my family was there.. saw Uncle John, Jackie's father and my baptism godfather, but he didn't recognise me!! I smiled at him and then he approached me, shook my hand, and said, 'you are..' I was shocked.. haha.. coz he just saw me last Christmas.. so I said I'm Marie.. and then he was like, yah, yah, my god daughther!! Haha!! Later I recounted this to Angeline, one of my cousins, and she whispered saying that he's old.. haha.. which was what my mom said later too.. that he's 52.. and my mom said like him, she couldn't recognise Michael, his son, Jackie's bro.. haha...

Anyway, was real nice... Auntie Mimi, Theo (& gf)and Aaron sat at our table.. Theo introduced me to his gf, Tammy... said she was also from STC.. I asked when when she graduated, she said 2 years ago.. so she's really young, coz I graduated in '99... didn't really talk to them coz they sat at opposite sides of the table.. Patricia my niece, kept wanting to walk the whole time.. the moment she was carried she started to cry.. Jackie looked so pretty!! Jackie is already so pretty but with make -up even prettier.. and she wore all those off the shoulder gowns etc look so nice...saw a brief glimpse of Michael at the end, he's so tall now, with spiky dyed hair.. and before they all left, Sharon came and said hi and bye.. I told her we should meet up one of these days haha.. and she asked how old I was.. and when Johnathan left he also said bye, he asked me too, how was it, (about the RSI radio thingy) I said no response.. so, that was the end of the day!! Was a little tired, so decided not to meet the youth too.. which turned out to be a good thing, coz when I went home, I used that time to pray, and fell asleep early..

Yesterday went for 10am mass, and after mass, saw Natasha...and then talked with her for a while, about jobs.. quite good lah, she was giving me advice and all. then after that it was guitar time!! Whooppee doop, I'm so happy.. Jock taught me how to play "Here I am to Worship"... its such a nice song.. and part of me is so happy because, the cheem difficult stretching chords like C#m, Bsus, I can do it!! Yup yup.. maybe from practice.. it gets easier each time.. so happy... next I wanna learn "Days of Elijah" which is my favourite song right now. Anyway, after that hung out at the coffeeshop, so I went straight to work coz I started work at 5pm.. and I didn't bring my uniform, and everyone was saying so pretty so nice... haha.. dun know why, coz I always wear that pair of jeans.. maybe it was my top.. but a blouse can't just transform you right? Oh yeah, maybe also coz I was wearing contact lenses at the same time.. haha...and then also very happy.. see, there was thsi promoter for Energizer Battery... whereby if you buy $8 worth of batteries or shavers, you get a free spin on a wheel.. the best prize was an inflatable sofa, follwed by T-shirt, followed by magnet and mini pocket fan. Lotsa pple (staff) wanted the sofa.. so did I.. so I asked her and she said Sun was the last day, and if I bought some batteries she might help me.. at first I didn't see her, but later I did.. and she gave the display sofa to another staff.. so I decided to approach her and ask, she said I had to buy something, so I said, AAbattery can? Which was $2.90..(actually minumum was $8 for a spin) haha.. she was so nice she said okay, so I got myself a cute inflatable Energizer sofa!! :D And then today.. woke up, could not get up.. whole body aching.. haha... decided to take MC.. but the thing was, I called once at 10something (start work at 11), no one answered.. so I decided to sms Letchumi... then I offed my hp and went to sleep.. when I on it back at 5pm, found out I got a lot of missed calls from her, and she said that Fong (supervisor) was grumbling away, and what was worse, somebody from HQ came down to interview me!! About the PR job!! Yikes.. so there was I, contemplating, saying nvm, I waited so long already I don't care, when Letchumi called me, and gave me all the details... said that she overheard them talking.. the manager boss Mr Tay and the lady from HQ... and that Fong told them I didn't turn up!! Yikety Yikes.. she told me I better call and say I tried calling earlier and then fell asleep... so I did.. Fong grumbled a bit.. said cannot be no one answered, said that somebody not supposed to work, came to work, but she told them to go home because she thought I was coming.. yikety yikes... but after that she softened and told me to come earlier on wed, (coz tomorow I off), about 10.30am, coz the person wants to interview me!! Whoohoo.. I didn't exactly did a good thing, but I'm getting a good thing, the interview I've waited for ages..lucky lucky me.. but hmm.. dunno leh.. always got something crop up one.. maybe Wed she won't be there.. haha... Wed I shall update you again.. then just now, went doctor, almost couldn't get MC.. luckily in the end the doc softened too and gave me.. phew.. *wipes sweat off brow, literally* and then he started talking to me about jobs too.. for 10minutes plus I think? Coz they were gonna close already and I guess no other patients.. okay now, 9pm, think I'll be going to watch some TV... tomorow my off day.. most probably gonna be staying at home to rest.. still kinda beat.. then Wed go back to work will be recharged.. cooked just now!! hehe... see ya,God bless,love, Marie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home