My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Monday, June 14, 2004

Whoohoo!!!

Whoohoo!!!

Confirmation camp ended yesterday…. And I reached home around 3, slept close to 4am, and woke up today, close to 5pm :P…. slept the whole day away, haha… catching up on sleep lah… yesterday went to watch Harry Potter, but slept throughout the movie :S couldn’t keep my eyes open… a waste of my money… oh well…

The camp was simply great… so happy that I decided to go.. coz when I was first asked I said no… but was asked again… so it was like, I was meant to go…it was great getting to know the kids too.. each one of them is very special to me… its like when I look at them, they are very dear to me, and I just want the very best for them, including those that I didn’t get a chance to talk to, and I’m gonna keep praying for them. Talked to a lot of people whom I haven’t talked with before and can say got to know them better, which was nice :)

I can say that I’ve become close to the Holy Spirit of late… yah, in the past I was praying only to Jesus… and Mary occasionally… the Holy Spirit was just this ‘far away’ figure… like God the Father was to me… but its so fantastic having him ‘activated’ in my life right now…I don’t feel shy anymore… I sing at the top of my lungs :D coz I’m singing only for God, I’m able to praise God more, like the words just come!!! Its like, a couple of weeks ago, I didn't know who the Holy Spirit was... what he does, or how to pray to him.. but now I just know!! he's my comforter, my guide... he helps me to pray, helps me to do the right thing, helps me to be more open, to surrender myself to God... Jesus is my best friend, my lover, God is like, God Almighty, the Holy Spirit is my guide, my my comforter...its easier to be nicer, haha, like for example at work when you meet difficult people… I still get temptations though… like during the period of the leader’s camp and the confirmation camp…even kena a bad dream, and it was kinda difficult to pray the way I wanted too.. I even thought the Spirit had left me… but he doesn’t ever… and I guess I just have to face these doubts with more prayers… keep trying to do the right thing… and I will just get stronger and stronger :D Yayyy… The feeling of happiness, of being close to God, of having such a relationship with God is just so wonderful, I guess no words can describe it, I just feel it and its FANTASTIC its like, I want to scream for joy, let the whole world know about it, spread my joy to others and so many more things! :D

I think I’m getting better at guitar too… at least that’s what I think… its like I can get the hand of strumming a certain song… well just have to master the difficult chords, remember the chords for the songs, and I hope that I can play praise on my own… and have my own personal praise sessions to God… I think that would be great :D

You know, when I see people talking about their relationships, or observe people in them, I kinda feel nostalgic… how would you call that feeling? I don’t know how to describe it.. sad? Sentimental? Wistful? About mine… Its been a week since I last talked to him.. and even then he was asking to talk but I said no…

When I think about it, I feel sad… I guess that would be how you would feel anyway.. I’m not heart broken or a wreck like I think I was the first time, but I do feel sad that it had to be this way… when I think about it, sad… when I look at pictures, think of the good times… so cute together, etc… but I guess, a relationship is not about looking good together… and, I used to think that a relationship should last forever… really… like you should marry your first boyfriend.. haha… but I realised that that’s not how it should be… if you’re not meant for each other.. you should not just carry on just because you’ve already been together for so long….. or any other reasons… I guess, when it comes to the point where you’re hurting each other more than loving each other, its time to let go.. its like, all the signs were there… but, I was blind to see it, or didn’t want to see it, I do not know.. and now that the action has been done, its been about a month or so now, its like I’m more open to other things… making new friends, spending time doing other things…and seriously, I’m becoming closer to God right now… its like, everything is working out okay…like everything is happening for a reason…. like, the point in time when I wanted to let go, I had other people in my life that I knew I could depend on... when I felt lonely, God sent people to be there with me, (read my other post).. its like, God is making everything work out for me, like he has a plan for me, and its slowly come into place... I'm smiling right now, I just feel so happy, I just want to do God's will...so I’m okay… I only feel a little bit sad when I think about it at times… and I used to worry before… after my first… that I would never get married, never find another… but the funny thing is, I’m not worrying about it now… its like, I’m taking one day at a time, leaving it up to God.

Sigh… dunno what’s gonna happen next… like just now, felt tempted to sms him… like how are you that kinda thing… but I didn’t… whether we would get back together I do not know… meet up? Talk again? Sigh… he was my best friend… kinda… but I think I’m gonna be just fine…if I’m meant to be with him again, it would just happen… like right now, I just feel that I need this break...the feeling is just there... and I know, nothing bad will come out of it, so I know its the Holy Spirit guiding me... so I’ll just take things one day at a time, keep all the memories, let the Holy Spirit guide me in whatever I do, and I guess, things will be all right!! :D

Jesus, you are the lover of my soul… I will never let you go… I thank you so much for bringing me back to you… at a time when my faith was at its lowest… I thank you so very much for forgiving me of my sins, coming into my heart again, and giving me your grace. I thank you so much, for letting me know you more everyday… and its just so wonderful…. let me never doubt or falter, in my faith, in your unfailing love for me… Holy Spirit, I thank you for letting me know you.. I thank you, for letting me do things I’d never thought I would… please continue to guide me… lead me to do whats right always…and to love God always… Amen.

P.S. Just now watched ‘The Punisher’ with my mom…. So happy… thought we were going back after dinner (at Delifrance… ate the baked rice, nice but little) and some small shopping… we were at Tiong Bahru, the third storey, when I looked up and said there’s nothing there, lets go down, when my mom said, ‘got movie right’ or something like that… and when she sorta suggests something, I knew to jump at the opportunity…. Hehe… I knew she wanted to see…. so only The day After Tomorrow was free listed… saw that already… so we almost went back home, somemore my mom had to call her workplace quite late to find out her working time tomorrow… so I said nvm, can use my hp to call… so in the end we saw The Punisher… I guess, when my mom want to do something, its easier to get her to agree… you know what I mean? Ok, let me explain… like, lets say, if I want to go somewhere, and my mom says no immediately, she will be firm about it… but if she gives a hint that she doesn’t mind doing something, like watching a movie just now, better jump at the chance… hehe… somemore the last time I saw a movie with her was in August last year… Lara Croft the Tomb Raider….You know, its not like I stick to my mom… I know some people would say that and I get kinda irritated when they do.. I’m not a baby… I’m already 22… its just that I’m close to her, and I like doing things with her… and maybe, I’m still dependant on her for some things, like I always like to ask her opinion about things, to choose clothes (haha!) or accessories for me, etc, but not to that extent… and I think there’s nothing wrong with being close to your mom is there? Having dinner with your mom everyday is not like you’re sticking to her am I right? I just like spending time with her. And the more days the merrier. Hehe. Well, that’s it for today. I wish you to have a good week ahead, take care, God bless, Love, Marie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home