My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Friday, May 21, 2004

Its a Beautiful Day!!

Ok, today I had to go for 6.30am mass for Ascension as this week, Tues to Thurs I start work at 5pm at a stretch. Wierd, coz I havent gotten night shift in a long time (esp. when I want it) and when I don't, I get it. :S Anyway, luckily I managed to wake up.. I woke up at 5plus just like that, without alarms, must be Jesus waking me up, although I had some difficulty getting out of bed of course, lol.

Anyway, after breakfast at Purmei and everything I reached home about 8am like that, and finally settled in, and since I had an early start today, I thought I better get some things done… starting by calling Augustine Anthuvan. He’s the Assistant Programme Director of Radio Singapore International (RSI) and my cousin’s friend, and he helped me to forward my resume to the HR dept yesterday. So I called him to thank him and also to ask some details about the industry. He’s a pretty well spoken guy, good voice, I guess it’s a quality all broadcast/radio presenters have. It was really nice of him, and I wonder about my chance coz he did say lotsa people have also written in, and he just told to to try again after a while if I didn’t hear from them.

Then I tried calling my HR department, coz its exactly 1 week since my manager spoke to me, if you read my blog one week ago you’d know about the PR job that they had available.. anyway, haven’t received such a call so I decided to take matters into my own hands… and called HR department.. first time, phone engaged… second time, told me to speak to a particular person called Serene. Called Serene, not at the desk. Ok, waited for half an hour. Called again, still wasn’t there. The person I spoke to also told me I could speak to someone called Xiu Geok. Ok by then was 11plus, I decided to wait until after lunch. Spent the morning lazing around watching TV, HBO in particular, this stupid movie about mutant flies called ‘Infested’ starring Amy Jo Johnson.. remember her… I think she starred in Party of Five wasn’t it? And Power Rangers. Anyway, crap movie. Wanna know the storyline? Flies who breed in humans and once they get into you.. through your mouths you become like zombies like that. Gee.

Anyway, before I got round to calling HR again, I tried calling my past lecturer, Mr. Kwek, coz I’ve been trying to make my demo tape for ages but he has never replied to my mail. Called him at the office and voila! I got him at that instant! So surprising and instant happiness. BUT, nothing was settled as he told me the studios is currently under maintenance, and he told me to get back to him a particular date on when I wanted to go down. Ok, at least I can still make the tape, the question is, will I ever get to. We only know our schedule up to Sunday, I didn’t see my supervisor today to be able to ask her for off, and the upcoming 2 weeks I already asked for off days at a stretch for the camp. I really hope this works out. I plan to ask for next week 27 May, and 17th June. Hopefully 17th June would be good, and that I can use the studios, and that also means I have a month to polish up my act. Goodie goodie. Hope everything goes my way. Well, it has so far hasn’t it, hehe.

Anyway, lunch I had my fav. Maggi Packet porridege, only thing it turned out not to be my favourite, firstly, coz I added the left over corn beef in my fridge…it didn’t go so well coz I was already struggling with finishing up the beef (I think this brand sucks), and the porridge that I was cooking was fish flavour.. imagine mixing fish and beef… eeeee… and what was worse, I left it to overboil… and rushed to the kitchen only when I had a burnt smell!!! Luckily it was a non-stick saucepan, I soaked it in the water and after a while, the whole thing that was stuck just came out. Amazing. But what a watse of porridge as well.

Finally at 2plus, called HR again, and still couldn’t get Serene. Got Xiu Geok though, who after finally understanding what I was talking about (!!!) she told me to speak to my manager again. Seems that they don’t really know. Arrgh, that was what could have made my day perfectly beautiful… if they said I got the job just like that. Although the people are great I can’t stress enough that the pay I’m earning is meagre, (yes, i shan't be afraid to admidt it's only $400 plus a month) considering that I owe the bank $100 monthly for the tuition fee loan as well as my monthly $150 handphone/intenet bill. (not that it is that expensive, but because I don’t pay the full bill so it keeps bringing forward. And what about transport and sundries and food… arrrggghh… also I’m getting bored with the job, and it won’t look so good for my resume as well. Part-time only mah. Anway, I couldn't be happy untill I went to work and spoke to my manager. Which was what I did.

He was also another fellow quite difficult to get, although he was reassuring when I finally got to find him. He told me that they would call, I had nothiong to worry and that I shouldn’t have to call HR coz it was the HR manager that spoke to him and probably hadn’t conveyed the msg. He said if I don’t hear from them next week, that someone from HR would be coming down for walk in interview and that to look to him, ‘prompt’ him as he called it, about what I wanted. The thing is, he wasn’t sure of the day next week. And he told me again that the PR job is just handling lotsa phone calls. Wonder why, maybe he's trying to put me off. Well, I wouldn't mind the supervisor job too. Not so boring, only downside is shift work. Or should I take the PR job, after all, I don't intend on staying on for long term. Hmm, problem was when I first started they asked if i wanted to be considered for Supervisor. Should have taken it. Since then had problems in getting through to them about my interest in the job. Is it coz its not meant to be? Hmm, I'm so fickle...Well, I really hope this can be settled. Please please!!! Then my day would truly be beautiful and looking forward to a pay more than $1000!!! Whoopee haha…

12.30am... too tired to continue.. whats worse is that I have work at 8am tomoro... yeah, tomoro, sat n sun, 8am at a stretch... madness... haha... and yet i still wanna watch Buffy right now... Oh well, will catcha later.... ZZZZZZZZZ

12.53am... Decided to continue anyway... else I might forget what to say.. should say what is 'fresh' lol... My Auntie Marie (yeah, my namesake, also whom I was named after) is supposed to be in Singapore later today (Fri)...for a visit until she settles in Rome I think. She's a Connossian nun. (did I spell that right?) And she's always claimed that I'm her favorite neice, haha... wonder if its still the same... coz I'm so beeg now... anyway, last time she was here I wasn't able to meet her so really hope I can meet her this time around.

Also, today managed to put in my contact lenses within 10mins!!! Yup, I was kinda timing and forcing myself to, and I guess because I was in a hurry, it was quite difficult at first, although it was a far cry from when I first started. Hmm, maybe I can write an article on it. My mind somtimes goes blank whenever put on the spot or when it comes to coming up with creative ideas I don't know why. I mean, I'm a mass comm student!! Aaarrggghhh...Frustrating man!! Hahaha.. am going back to the couch to watch Buffy and am probably gonna fall asleep there with my lenses on and will be woken up by my mom screaming at me to go and sleep... hahahaha... take care dude, dudettes, you whoever is reading this. And do comment if you like. Ciao!! Tata!! ZZZZzzzz


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home