My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Post Pre-Confirmation Camp

Camp is over, but its only the beginning!!

I had a great time at camp. It just reaffirms why I love youth and why I am doing this. One thing I wish for - more time so that I could have talked to more people; write more letters.

I went for camp full of excitement.
I went into camp, wondering how the kids would be and praying for my group.
I had to put youth stuff aside and focus on the camp.
I thank God for everything that had happened.

Only 2 kids that I really managed to talk to during the camp - Rochelle and Kendrick.
I guess I was surprised how much they really could open up to me. Rochelle was easier I guess, coz perhaps she is a girl, and one of the two girls that were there earlier on the first day. Kendrick I guess because of the time given for us to pair off at the beach. He really surprised me, because I guess on the very first day, when we sat down to come up with names for our group, when there was only him and Andy, they were really moody and bo chap. But when we went off to talk, we talked about all sorts.. and it was two ways - he asked me questions too and put in effort during the conversation time, towards the end of camp, he wrote me a really sweet thank you note and I was surprised with the stuff that both him and Rochelle shared with me.

Pearl - tries to indimidate me, but I know her secret - she's ticklish!!!
Claire - in my group, attempted talking but she's a bit shy
Edmund - he can play the guitar!!!!! Taught me 'More than words'.
Ferlyn - chatty - kept talking to me here and there and she wrote me a sweet note
Cheryl - fast guitar learner
Amelia - my prayer pal and she was so sweet in her notes
Jeremiah - my other prayer pal - never talked but I think he liked the little something I mysteriously gave him
Gerard - never talked either but we would always smile at each other when we pass in the corridor
Damien - cute lah this guy... sat in front of me with the guitar and just started wacking it away
Andy - my group - hyper lah he... but I think he was touch during P&W on second day

Really really special people they are. I really hope we would be able to follow up with them and that we would see more of them. Hmm, I think after my time with the youth group is up I just might join the cathecists. But I also realised that cathecists and youth are two different things for them.

After that Core Group prayer was fantastic as well. I was quite surprised that we could come together.. and everything flowed nicely - the prayers, to the songs - somehow Annette started singing the song that I wanted, Jesus Lover of my Soul, and James played it with momentum. I think the Holy Spirit must have cued us. I'm just a little worried about something about the core. Really don't know how to tackle it. But I guess, since we are all for God, how it looks to be, just have to keep praying and it all will work out.

Youth Fest is gonna be difficult. Nobody wants go for it really (except Ivan, haha) and worse still, man a stall. They're doing it coz nobody wants to, and coz we have to do it. I hate to make them do something they don't want to, but I can't seem to make them understand or motivate them with the reason why. And I wonder if that should be the way. I was disappointed really that the altar servers would not be joining us too. Oh well.

And Reverend Damien just gave me some more work to do, haha! He himself said it. He called me just now when I was sleeping - I didn't wanna answer but then he called a second time. He's okay I guess. He actually called me to thank me, just that after that he went on to other stuff, yeah, work related stuff, lol. I don't mind the stuff he gave me to do anyway. I guess because, I really love doing all this. I just do. I wish it were easier, as in had more enthusiasm and support from the people, but things are never easy in this way.

And also... I'm starting to LOVE the bible!!! I know myself - not a very good speaker or conversationalist or motivator... but I realised that the bible will help me to speak to people - especially with the ministry that I'm in. The passages - you just gotta discern how God is speaking to you through them and how you can relate to it. That, I think I can do with His help. Fantastic. Gotta read it more.

Camp was like a good getaway!!! Needs more days though. When we reach back to church, I was like, 'ahhhh... now gotta think about youth stuff again' and when I was at the bus stop I was thinking, 'ahhhhh... work tomorow again'. Haha. Oh well, thats life. If it was easy, if it was smooth sailing, then we wouldn't be here. Then we wouldn't be able to prove ourselves worthy of God's love. Then we wouldn't be worthy to be with him. Yeah, I realised that.

Good night! God bless. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home