My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Sheltered Life... for now...

Yoyoyo.... I'm back!!!

Since I last posted, I've been having a great week. Except for a slight misfortune on Wednesday. Me woke up late as usual. Left my house to hail a cab at 8.15am. It was raining. No cab in sight!! I couldn't believe it. And those that drove by were hired. Time passed. Soon it was 8.25am!! And then 8.30!! (the time i'm supposed to start work) I tried calling the booking lines also cannot get through. Panicked man. Got a cab finally at 8.50 am can u imagine. And the cab driver had me worried as he drove through some side roads in the middle of some huge houses. Thought where he going. I asked him and he got offended I think. He said he was going through short cut. Anyway as it is, I had to sms my manager in case she'd be wondering where I was. In fact been late for work every single day. Every day I clock in on average 8.41am... I think I might kena from HR soon :P This Wed was my latest.. abt 9.15am. Anyway later on that day also I happily composing an email to reply to a customer, usually how I compose is I copy a few sample answers and paste, copy the reply from the respective parties and then edit. However before I could edit I pressed 'Shift & Enter' at the same time and it got sent!! *SHOCK & HORROR* followed. Told my manager about it. She saw the email. Said it was not a pleasant situation. (the customer made a complaint somemore) What was worse, customer's hp was off. I quickly sent him an apology and pls ignore the previous mail email. Then went out for lunch, altho couldn't really enjoy. After lunch called back the customer and could get through. PHEW man, the customer was really a nice guy. English speaking, told him about the mistake, he told me to hold on, think he went to take a look. Then he told me no problem, he said he actually wanted to feedback to us about the situation. PHEW SIGH OF RELIEF what a nice customer!!!! And he eevn replied to my email (the correct one finally) after that. The rest of the day got pretty better, coz I was able to resolve and close a few cases. Also smsed a few of my closer buddies to inform them of my terrible day (when it was terrible at that time) and being the genuine friends they are, they replied.. such as Mai, Seabass, Jonathan, Letch... thank you all.

That same day, Wed, me went to cut my hair. Finally!!!!!!! To this place at Papilio at Veerasamy Road (Little India). Its a Chinese salon though. Reason why I chose to go there is coz I went there before last July and they gave me fantastic service even though it was all free!! Coz I had a $100 voucher. In fact got almost turned away coz didn't make an appointment. And when I told my colleaugue abt this salon, she also heard of it. Said all her friends keep going there and even take taxi there coz its so out of the way! !!! Anyway my hair's real short now. I didn't like it at first. Told the girl to give me a cut, but not so short and a new hairstyle. She asked me how short and I said till the chin. She gave me layers. :S Really didn't like it at first. Thought so short!!! My sis told me I should have said 'trim' like she did. But I thought if they'd trim I couldn't have a new hairstyle. Oh well. Thursday I went to work (with MAKEUP to direct the attention away from the shortness of my hair) Surprisingly they liked it. One lady said "very nice!!!" and was smiling the whole time. said i look like little girl. Everybody agreed I looked neater. Hahahaha, yeah I'm quite well known everywhere for my messy hair. And everybody commented on my makeup, said why I so pretty today. U mean I'm not pretty on other days? :( haha. coz me was wearing bright purple eyeshadow and a purple clip to match. Said very purply. Not everybody noticed my hair cut though. I guess my previous hair so messy like go no difference. Some noticed it very well. Jock's reaction was, 'so short!' alamak. Haha. But its been 3 days now and I love my hair. I think its funky and I think I look great with short hair. Like my snr manager said before, when she saw my photo with really short hair, she said I can carry it off well. Not everybody can carry off the pixie look she said. Yeah!! I mean, who said girls MUST have long hair huh? ;) Anyway I have also entertained the thought of getting a wig. Since I haven't had long hair in a long time, and don't have straight hair, I wonder how 'd look. Getting a wig I might create a different look for myself. Yupyup. Kewl ;)

Thurs I met Sihan after work at Kino for dinner. She got 25% discount for the food at coffee club express!! wow. but we made a bad choice tho. she recommended seafood lasagne, which she ate before, but which she did not order. Instead she ordered sliced beef. Me ordered smoke salmon. Got a shock when the salmon came. It looked raw!!!!!!!!! She tasted and said it was half cooked. I tasted her beef too, also not so nice taste. Oh well, we both agreed next time we would stick to what she recommended. After that went to shop shop at Taka. Me bought some new bedlinen. Was so happy, coz I finally found the 'cheap' type that I was looking for (I last bought the 'cheap' type in 2000 and couldn't find it since then) It costs $28 for a pillowcase, a bolstercase, a fitted sheet and a quilt cover case. Normally or branded ones would cost around $80? Got myself a bargain!! And also nice new designes. Happy :) Only thing is I have 2 pillows. This one only one provided. Small problem tho :)

Fri was Praise day!!!!! It was GREAT to have praise after so long. Well, actually 2 weeks, but I really miss it. Remind me to keep practising the guitar or I'll never get to play praise. We were talking about the tsunami. You know, ever since the tsunami happened, I've been wanting to read the newspapers during my lunch to keep updated. But whenever I do I get so emotional and I feel the tears coming that I try to refrain from reading much. Sigh. I read that a scientist actually warned the UN and Asian countries some years back abt a massive earthquake that might happen in the area. They listened but forgot to do something about it. And during praise we were talking about mines all around Sri Lanka. Coz the waves dislodged and set the mines flowing all around. So those who go there to help or to these stricken places may not even come back alive. Scary. And Jock is gonna go!!! I was talking to him about it. In fact I've also been thinking about it recently. Vocations that is. This mission thingy, the nuns thingy again. Other ministries as well. And I was quite surprised that Jock could tell me what my calling is for now. In fact, come to think of it, not really. Jock is good at telling this things. He told me... that my calling is the youth for now until HE calls me elsewhere. Coz he was asking me if I was for missions too and I said not at the moment. Anyway, how true. That was exactly what I was thinking and the conclusion I came too. Everything right now is perfect for me to still help out with the youth. And come to think of it HE made it that way. Actually I was asking Jock how he knew that was my calling. He said from the way I've been growing and changing the past months, and prob I grew and changed even more than say, within the past 3 years. How true!!! It was from that time loh, In March, when he called me. Actually he called me much earlier but it was around that time that I woke up. Reminds me, I gotta go repost my archives!!! Coz thats where my story is.

Anyway I've been looking back, I seem to have a sheltered life. No major injuries, never been hospitalised, no major deaths of some very close loved ones, no close shaves, no serious consequences because he's been sheltering me. So I wonder what will happen if I actually have to face some sort of calamity. Or, loss, or terrible situations. Yikety yikes. Still not very calm, collected nor good at making decisions. Oh well... I guess if it happens it happens, we'll see, I'll just keep moving on.

Anyway I'm feeling all excited again. But I'm very sure I'm gonna feel a loss when Jock's not around. But i feel that God will lead me. Must always remember.. heart not head... which means... don't just follow feelings only. In fact I've been thinking... coz I was asked this question by Fab on Tues... what do I wanna do.. at least for this year.. like an aim in life. My response was still to be a deejay etc. But I've been thinking... my aim is to serve him. In the end, there's no need to fulfill my dreams or my ambitions of this world. (which means I can just remain in this job until he calls me elsewhere coz this job 's working hours etc is perfect for what I'm doing now, and I'm happy and having fun with it) Coz I know following him would make me happy ultimately. And just thinking about it makes me happy :) Wherever you call me I will follow.... . And I've still got so much more to learn and grow and change!! Wow.. purposed filled life.

Anyway today I had fun. Woke up close to 1pm. Almost couldn't go out coz of the rain. So sian rite. Supposed to go bowling/pool at SAFRA. In the end went to Suntec National Library Sale with Mai!! Got soem great books - about disc jockeying (perfect, Mai found for me!!) , a book about Mother Theresa (she's a real good example), a book on horse riding (I love horses!! Might just go check out Turf club one day) and a book on animals that eat wierd stuff. Haha. This one I just bought for General Info. $2 per book, standard. Ok lah. After that had to lug it everywhere. Pretty happy tho coz I got a few more other stuff from Suntec. Like my cushion from Watson which is now on my bed. I love having soft stuff around me while I sleep. Now must go get a bolster and the huge bear that I saw at Watsons which I hope they still have. Oh, and the antenna for my TV and also a multi coded DVD player. Oooh cant wait to start watching TV in my room. My room will be my perfect hangout then. Oh and saw Naz in the bus. Great to see her!!! We agreed to meet up one of these days to catch up. Right now I feel life is good!! Just have to always put God first. And then everything will fall into place. You'll know what I mean :)

Love,
~ Marie
11.20PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home