My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Christmas 2004 and New Year 2005!!!

Yoyoyo... Happy New Year!!!

And Merry Christmas!! (after all there's 12 days of Christmas).

Finally I get a breather right now after non-stop of hectic stuff, shopping etc.

Looking through my pressies and gifts :D, and realised I have TONS of chocolates. No idea how to finish them. Should get them during the year. During the year when I want chocolates I don't have. This year Christmas is a first though. I'm going to happily enjoy eating them and be happy since chocolates are supposed to make you feel that way.

I think I shall eat them slowly according to the expiry date as suggested by Mai.

CHOCOLATES
- Delfi Assortment
(first pressie given by the Public Affairs Manager, expiry date 02.2006)
- Brown & Haley Almond Roca
(Luxury Expensive chocolate that I bought by myself, expiry date 14.7.2005)
- Dove Hazelnuts & Fruits Milk Chocolate
(Given by my sister in law Luz, expiry date 20051217)
- Ferrero Rocher Huge Box
(Given by Maimai, expiry date, oops I have no idea the wrapper seems to be missing)
- Lindt Wafer Milk chocolate
(Given by Sebastian, expiry date 25.07.05

SNACKS
(Also got tons of, coz I bought alot thinking people are gonna come to my house and eat, but in the end they ate food, not snacks... )
- 1 whole box of Hello Panda
- 1 cannister of cashew nuts
- 1 cannister of prawn rolls
- 4 packets of Patato Chips
- 2 huge packets of Snack-Ku (smaller packets inside)

OH MY GOODNESS how in the world am I gonna finish all these... coz most people have lots of chocolates already... and most of the chocs expiry date in 2005!!! Wowowowow... okay, if you are free, and I'm free, do come over to my house. Then we can watch TV and feast on the snacks. Oh and play UNO and chit chat and lotsa other stuff. Especially when I fix cable for the huge TV in my room and get a DVD player, which I intend to very soon.. maybe by this month... okay? Oh, and when I find out whats the big deal with XBOX and playstation I might very well get one of those too... muahahha... these are the perks of being a working woman... okay but it doesn't mean I'm rich coz I'm not... I've been given 4 months of pay and saved NOTHING. Because of the tons of stuff I bought for Christmas last year, I have no more money left (until next week pay day muahaha) and have to borrow money from my mom :( Oh well. Anyway, call me yeah? ;)

This Christmas was oklah, not bad. On the 24th, which I was on half day, in the office the atmosphere was fantastic. People were going around giving out goodies (and I didn't bring mine.. wanted to give after 25th), so happy, couldn't stop smiling, even my colleague commented I'm smiling while doing work. Then we had a HUGE lunch just for our Public Affairs Department. Had sushi, pizza, ham... wine too, but I didn't like.. tasted bitter.. took photos, pulled crackers, joked (actually it was like the only 2 people talking were our Senior Manager for Public Affairs and the General Manger.. like the two big shots.. so everybody just were like in the background, laughing at appropriate parts... hahaha)

Then went for Midnite Mass, as usual.. It is a must go every year...

Christmas is actually my favourite time of the year.. and my birthday follows up 2nd.
I've got fantastic memories of Christmas when I was young... where we used to have these huge family gatherings (coz my mom's side is very big - 13 siblings in all)... at one of my auntie's/uncle's place, which was usually this huge house.. semi detached ones... and we kids would have a fantastic time... my uncle even dressed up at Santa Claus one year... and we played Musical Chairs and stuff like that.. oh and I got tons of pressies too, I remember especially from my mom... fantastic those years..The last time we had this sorta thing huge gathering was like last year.. and not really huge, just one of my mom's bro family who came down from Aussie to visit and we gathered at my bro's place. Oh, and one of the reasons why we don't have this so often is because, firstly, half of my mom's family migrated to Aussie.. I've got Auntie Anne & Uncle Alphonsus's family in Melbourne, and Auntie Bernie and Auntie Bird's family in Perth. And another reason could be probably most of us left in Singapore are grown up. And also, quite alot of my mom's brother's passed away the last few years. Uncle Peter, Uncle Francis, Uncle Pat. (sigh). Only left my mom and Uncle John (my godpa) here. Oh well.

Oh yeah and I remember one Christmas, my mom gave me a story book, called 'The Magic Locket', and it came with a real locket. Why I still remember (think I was 6) was coz I really believed the locket was magic!! Haha!! And also, I think one year when I was 10, I really loved tents very much. In fact my mom used to tie sarongs around the house to make pretend tents and I used to play with that. (you can see the pics that were taken. Oh yeah, Letch saw my pics when I was young and she was like, you're smiling all over the place! And i was like, you mean now I don't smile so much? She was like, just that in every pic I was smiling. Hmm. Maybe now older more self conscious. No idea. I got smile what!!! Oh yeah and I can't stand it coz my eyes auto blinks when the flash goes off. So I look like I'm sleeping in the photos. Have no idea how to stop it!! So frustrating!! Maybe I should hold my eyelids open with pegs!! Oh yeah last night so tired fell asleep with contact lenses on. First time. Thank goodness they were still on my pupils. And did not roll to the back of my eyeballs even though I was in a deep sleep. if not I die haha) Anyway, I wrote a letter and asked Santa Claus for a tent, and put it on the altar. I really expected it to be gone, as in it got delivered to heaven. but unfortunately, it was still there after Christmas and I never got the tent. Guess my mom probably thought it was a watse of money. Haha!

Great memories man, all those years when I was young.

This year Christmas I had friends over again, which has become something like a tradition. Of course this year since I'm working had less time to prepare and was so tired didn't really cook except for one dish - Pineapple Rice. Ordered Honey Baked Ham (which was delicious too) and pizza on the following days after.

My Christmas wish for this year (as a pressie) was a watch. Coz I don't have or wear a watch. And it would be nice to have an elegant watch, or a casual one would do as well. So I casually asked my mom. Haha. Of course I knew I wouldn't get it from her, and she herself told me straight, she does not have money. Guess what, I got a watch anyway. And an EXPENSIVE one at that. A FOSSIL watch. Which I later found out costs $115. I never heard of Fossil before this. And my friends were all telling me its expensive but I was wondering how expensive could it be? Like $50 - $80? Never really thought it could be that expensive. And from an unexpected person whom I never thought would spend so much on me before. As long as one does not expect anything in return yeah? Or gives a pressie with motive yeah? Hahaha :P I'm so bad I know. I've been told this continuosly by my colleaugue.

Oh yeah, and since I mention colleaugue, keep you updated on my working life - I've been having so much fun and a better time at work. A far cry from when I first started - (September period was terrible... some of you may know abt the hard time I went through). Now I'm having fun, laughing and joking about customers with my colleaugues, going out to eat for lunch, having less & less nasty phone calls (of course this is subjective.. wonder when this will escalate again), having a really nice manager there to take care of me.. and us, lol... (coz when I first joined in August, no doubt my then manager, Jason, who was really nice as well, and who gave me the job!! was leaving to further his studies in Sept. We only had a replacement manager in November.. and another colleaugue to share the workload in end Sept, so only later part did things start to get better).

Okie, yeah, thank God man.. after God was the one who gave me this job.. I was slacking and not actively looking for a job, and this job literally fell into my lap.. and I'm thankful I have a job right now with a monthly income. Although dunno if I would get fired anytime soon coz of being late - my latest was last fri, eve of New Year.. clocked in 8.51AM.. (supposed to start 8.30AM) :P :P... well I just might not get any promo, sigh... hope they look at my compliments though.. haha.. (pray that more will come in.. that they will think that I'm a sweet, patient wonderful CRO who deserves to be promoted.. yeah right.. haha!!).. and dunno how long I will stay in this job.. my friend who work as customer service for CPF for 6 months.. said she got very bad tempered.. and quit after 6 months coz she couldn't take it... and customer service is very stressful.. in fact when I was about to join the company I was told that after a year, I would be transferred to another dept provided there is vancancy. (Of course later found out out Senior Manager wants us to work longer, reason being companies want CROs who have experience of 2 years or more :S ) Oh well.. my dream of being a deejay/actress is still there so we'll see how it goes...

Back to Christmas... besides the watch, I got some really nice gifts as well.. let me mention a few.. I got earrings... really beautiful ones.. in my favourite colour purple, I got a really nice silver necklace...with a star like pendent, and also a black necklace with a huge yellow pendent filled with yellow stones (I prefer the silver ones coz I like silver jewellery and not so big ones at that :P ), a bracelet, an embroided pencilcase (with a little teddy bear in it) from my manager.. so unexpected.. these are some of the few that I have to mention. Oh yeah, and not forgetting, having my PC fixed.. finally after 2 years of irritating pop ups!! Aka spy ware!!! Arrgghhh!!

I also got small little gifts for my friends as well. One gift though that I have to mention was for my friend Sebastian. He went with me on 18th November to IKEA.. to get some furniture for my room (oh yeah, I've got a lovely sofa bed now!! Really cool looking) and he was so sweet helped me carry the stuff back to my place. Really lucky to have a friend like that. I may have not that many really really close friends, the kind who wouldn't mind standing up for you or being there for you, but if I have just one or two, I think I'm the luckiesr girl on earth. In fact I was already planning to give him something big. After all he's been great and furthermore, I didn't really get him anything for his 21st birthday. But I was so busy and packed that until that day got him nothing. And I was franck with him. Of course he said no need to get anything. Anyway, the next day, Sunday, happened to be at Harbourfront for some makan. When my friends left, I decided to stay on to see what last min gifts I could get. I also wanted to get this cover for my PC, and I knew which shop to go to coz I saw it before. Guess what, in the shop I found the perfect gift for my friend. It was a Red (his favourite colour) T-shirt (he hasn't got many new clothes recently) with half a star (he loves stars!!) at one sleeve!!! PERFECT right? :D And at the same time I got him a glow in the dark pig (he loves pigs) wrist rest. Of course when he saw them both he loved it. And I was happy. Fantastic man. The greatest thing is seeing people happy when they receive or better still, like your presents.

10.05PM - Still havent finish writing my blog... phew... alot huh...

Hmm, lemme see... oh yeah.. Dec 26th Sun went over to Jude & Lynette's house (church people, 2nd time going over) for Christmas. A really cute couple, Indian guy and Chinese girl. Kids gonna be cute man!! I love this kind of mixed couples. Although I have to mention, from what I've observed (which may not be true), this type of Indian Chinese marriages usually happens in Catholic families, (happen to be more open, as some Chinese/Indians might be traditional) and when it does happen, its usually the guy who's Indian, and girl Chinese. Seldom the other way round. I don't know why, maybe guys like fair girls???? And girls like dark guys???? :S

Okay.. Wed 29 Dec.. was in church for Wed prayers as usual... me n a friend went to the front of the church to wait for another friend.. when we saw an Indian man lying there. Well, my friend couldn't see, and I thought he was sleeping and didn't wanna stare... so didn't look properly. We left to wait somewhere else. While waiting, police cars came into the church. We were wondering why. Perhaps to pray? Hmm. Later guess what i found out.. the Indian guy there was committing suicide. He was drinking bleach!!! Oh my goodness. My happy mood evaporated. I was in shock. Could't talk and couldn't stop myself from crying uncontrollably later on during prayer. Don't ask me why I was crying, have no idea. Although I was probably in shock because I had never encountered something like this before. And was wondering what if I could stop him. Of course my mom said that he might jump on me with a knife. Of course the approach would be (which I found out later) to try to talk to him and not stop him. Oh well, I guess you learn from these things. Also, amazingly, after prayers I became better. I was back to my normal mood!! Haha!!!

Also, on Wed & Thurs, 28th and 29th, I spent the first half of my day at work helping to pack food items for the victims of the tsunami. I'm sure you heard of it. It's so sad, happened the day after Christmas, and so many people died. :( I don't really know what to say. Anyway, I was glad that I could help out a bit that way. Also, if you're wondering how you could help, one way is to purchase these

Food Relief Coupons from NTUC Fairprice, costing $10.

It consists of a food package worth $13, that contains 5kg rice, 1 huge packet of Milo, 1litre UHT milk, 2 cans tuna and biscuits. The food packages will be forwarded to Mercy Relief (
www.mercyrelief.org) who will then foward them to the victims.

My New Year's Eve was spent at work!!! Arrrggghhh... only company I think that does not provide half day or full day off. Me worked till 5.35pm as usual.. sigh... afternoon time especially was pretty quiet as most pple were on leave.. me and my colleaugue were stoning mostly.. haha!! Thank gdness I had her around tho.. imagine me by myself... *shudders*

Night on the eve was spent in church!! 10pm mass and countdown. The best time was when we went around wishing everyone and the kids. Love the kids. Oh and the game, The Amazing Race (only had time for one game) was fun too, and it was heartening to see people take part in it, the majority were kids and there was an adult who took part too.. that was nice :) to see them so enthusiastic.

The taxi we took home had TVs ON THE BACK OF THE HEADRESTS!!! SOOO COOOLL can u imagine like aeroplanes!! I've been taking taxis so often to work but NEVER came across this TVs. The TVs are for the taxi company SMART. And the teaxi driver nice and friendly too, happily talking to us about the TVs. (coz I was so excited to see them) My mom said keep the change, and he said, cannot, and gave her back the change.

And then my New Year's Day.. finally.. went to see my little SUNSHINES!!!!!!! My nephew and niece!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My nephew is sooooo cuteeeeeee and sooo is my niece!!! Especially my niece, Patricia, since she's bigger now (1 year 6months) altho she cannot talk, except one or two words, she's sooo sweet... I gave her a cute gummy pop (and my nephew Philip too, but gave him while she was sleeping)... so Philip asked her for some, and she wllingly pointed it to him to bite!! And she gave to me and my mom too. Many times somemore. What a sharing sweetie... and when my mom asked her to give me a kiss, she did... she's so small and yet she understands... and she's just so cute when she waves byebye.... sigh.. these kids are my world... they can make me so happy and joyful in an instant. Got my wish, which was to see them :)

Okay, thats the end of what happened in my life so far. 10.25pm. Phew, close to 2 hours writing this blog. I'm suffering from gastric now.. arrrgghh.. oh yeah, one more thing:

New Year Resolutions for Marie 2005:
- Wake up on time and stop taking taxi to work!!!!!
- Save money!!!!
- Lose body fats (at some places) gain body mass (at some places)
- Go for bike license regularly and get the Class2B license in 2005!!!!!!
- Perfect the playing of the guitar
- Perfect bowling and pool and table soccer techniques
- Go to the gym
- Exercise at least once a week.. like jog or sit ups or cycle or something
- Write and read in my Bible Diary
- Be more extroverted? Talk to people I've never talked to before!!! Especially those cute guys!! hahahah!!!
- Meet up with my friends regularly
- Try those new stuff that I've always wanted to try... but no time.. like swimming (get contacts from Bernie) hiphop dance (great way to meet new people), rock-climbing
- At least go on a holiday in November to Australia
- Oh yeah.. to Thailand by February with Karen (if still possible)
- Explore and know Singapore well

Okay.. thats it for now.. will add in more if I think of any more resolutions.. hahaha!! Have a great year!! God bless!!
Hugs & kisses,

Marie
10.36pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home