My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Name of Jesus

I’ve just had to deal with a psycho at work recently. A real psycho. He’s left already but the damage has already been done.

It’s unfortunate but ever since I’ve started working, I’ve met all sorts of people and some of them are real damaging to your spirit. But you can’t help who you work with. Not like school where you can choose your friends.

I should have seen it coming. The very first day of his work he said something not right, but I’ve decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Should have trusted my instincts. This is the very thing I was asking God for. Discernment of spirits. But sometimes its right in your face, but you don’t see it. Or you choose to ignore it. But you have to trust.

It’s in meeting all sorts of people that you gain experience, that makes you more equipped to handle different situations in life. And through the job that God has blessed me with, I must say I’ve really learnt a lot. But, the down side is, it can be really damaging. Your life is changed, and you cannot let it affect you negatively.

Anyway, yesterday I was so drained. I was so upset, hurt and angry during work. It was really taking a toll on me and it was really so difficult to pray. So after playing the guitar and reading the bible, I just decided on having some quiet time. I really needed some healing and to get rid of the heaviness that weighed in on my heart. I thought of the bible story of how the sick woman had such faith that should she just simply touch Jesus she would be healed, and she was. I thought of how, one can simply call on the Lord’s name and be saved. I thought of the power of Jesus name. And I prayed and hope it would work on me. And I just kept on calling Jesus’s name out. Until I was sorta singing it. It was nice, like singing in tongues.

And then suddenly, I felt God. It was wonderful. I just stopped, and was still, and FELT Him. Felt His peace. Felt His comfort. Felt His presence. Felt so wonderful. I was simply still. I’ve never rested in the Spirit before but this is what I would call it. I couldn’t move. I could, but it was just that wonderful moment you were in that you just was still and didn’t wanna move. The power of Jesus. The power of His name. I felt so much better after that. Another moment with Him was all I needed, to get rid of all the negative energy that was placed on me.

Which brought me to mind about the Lord’s name. You know it says in the bible to never call God’s name in vain. To never swear by God’s name. Its due to the society we live in and its influences, and you always hear people exclaim, “Oh my God”. That’s calling God’s name in vain. In the movies you always hear people curse, “Jesus”. Compare it with the healing I got by calling Jesus’s name. Jesus’s name is so precious and powerful, we should never abuse it. There’s a lot of verses in the bible about cursing, about gossip, about things that come out of our mouth. We human beings are the temple of the Holy Spirit, and can one imagine, how can something that is so good and holy be in a being that does wrong.

God will always forgive, but will you be able to forgive yourself. I know I still haven't. The consequences are always there. You make your own destiny. So if you’ve never picked up a bad habit, please don’t even try. No matter how enticing it may seem. No matter how so called drawn you are to the ‘light’. The so called ‘light’ conceals the darkness and dark abyss within.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home