My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Monday, April 09, 2007

Love and Pride and Prejudice

Have you guys read the book Pride & Prejudice. I have not but I just saw the movie that stars Keira Knightly on HBO on Sunday night. Wow, I must say it was certainly romantic the English used and the way the male lead articulates it.
“The moment I met you, you have captured my heart oh please put me out of my agony, if only you’ll accept my hand”
(something like that)
Wow. Sweet. How the guy can fall in love with her over such a short period of time I do not know but such is love it seems.
The best part was, they both hated each other from the start. The guy is not very good looking also, at first glance that is. He doesn’t look young. (as she does) But – he has that type of looks that grows on you. Sad, sorta droopy eyes. Permanent ‘agony in love’ kinda looks. And he’s super tall and stands super straight. Dashing I would say.
It’s always the same story don’t you think. Guy and gal are at loggerheads and can’t stand the sight of each other. But guy and gal falls in passionate love with each other eventually. Typical. It’s a very used storyline but it always works. We always end up loving the person who hurts us the most.
The other movie that I can’t get out of my mind is Seducing Mr Perfect starring the really swoonsome Daniel Philip Henney. In the movie the guy is so cold towards the girl (he’s her boss by the way) but in actual fact, he loves her and eventually admits it. And in the movie, she’s such a klutz and he’s such a stud. Oh, go see the movie! Guarantee you’ll have a laugh.
No matter how old we are, I’ve realised that as human beings we can never get enough of love. From my observance, I’ve noticed the following to be true: Love makes one blind. Love makes your world go round. Love can bring the most strongest man to his knees. It is better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all. And – to live is to love, to love is to live.
Also, if you’ve never said your true feelings to someone because of pride or because you think you might get hurt, I can tell you for sure, that will be your biggest regret.
Any comments? ;)
Anyway, if there’s one huge lesson I’ve learnt in life, I must say that romantic love never happens and follows through the way it does in movies or fairy tales. Lesson learnt the hard way. Food for thought ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home