My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Monday, April 09, 2007

Getting High

Clubbing. Tell me again why do I like it. Haha.

I was at St. James last Sat night for the first time! It was fun!!! The company made it so! But it was difficult to dance coz I was wearing a dress and heels. And also the type of music played. But tell me again why do I like clubbing. Or why do young people in general do.

Is it the music? The atmosphere? People feeling ‘happy’ and ‘high’ and getting lost in the dance – in the beat of the music?

I remember reading one of the special reports section in Russell Lee’s books about the beats of music that is linked to voodooism or something the likes of it. Ooo. But there is just something attractive about clubbing, you would have to admit. Nevermind the bad air, nevermind the craziness you see around you.

Anyway, 2 glasses of vodka and I was pretty tipsy already… shucks, wish I could have better tolerance. Although I must say, being tipsy is a great way to do things or say things that you would never have done when you’re sober, and claim that as an excuse. But sorry dear people to disappoint you, I didn’t do anything. Wish I had done though (aint telling you what it is, but it isn’t anything bad, don’t worry) coz the opportunity was there for my taking and then the next day I can feign ignorance and forgetfulness and blame it on the alcohol but haha, its just as well I didn’t.

But of course, I was having fun and since we were celebrating a birthday, I was thinking I would love to celebrate mine that way. De ja vu – I celebrated my birthday 3 years ago by clubbing. But I was also thinking, why would I want to go clubbing for my birthday. To get lost in the music? To get high? To forget all the worries and troubles of life and just dance?

It was then I got a brilliant idea as I was lying in my bed that same night. Why not get high on JESUS!!! Brilliant right!!! To have praise and worship to the One I love with and being surrounded with the people I love – that would be pure bliss and it would certainly be much much better than getting high on alcohol and dancing. I could even dance during praise why not. Kewl. So that’s the plan.

I’m so excited. I’ll be a quarter of a century old and planning to celebrate it in a most brilliant way yet. Of course, makan and hanging out is next on the list. Another way I want to spend my birthday is to laugh. Laugh and laugh and laugh and have fun keke. Don’t think I will be able to spend much quality time with friends if we just go to the movies or club. So yeah. That’s my plan. Any dear friends of mine is much welcomed to plan my birthday celebration for me. (Huge hint). Hahaha…
29 more days to go…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home