My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Friday, April 13, 2007

Intelligence and Complacency

PSLE Score: 182
English A
Maths B
Science B
Malay D
Not a very good score huh. It was probably my Malay that brought me down.
Normal Academic (a stream that I never regretted being in)
O Level Results
L1R5:20
L1R4:14
English A2 (was disappointed that I did not get A1)
Combined Science (Chemistry/Biology) A2
History A1 (yayy I always loved History, if only I could have taken Geography as well)
Food & Nutrition B3
Maths C6 (thank goodness, or rather, the Lord, that I passed Maths, or I wouldn't have been able to go anywhere)
Principles of Accounts C6 (I was never a Maths or numbers kinda person)
Studied 2 weeks before the Os. Was lucky to be blessed with brains, and therefore still managed to make it with these mere 2 weeks of study. Had God to thank for too. Complacency has always been my bad point. Despite having brains, if one does not study, one would never miraculously pass. I scrapped through poly with a C grade average, luckily I did not have to repeat any modules nor extend my stay. But imagine if I had actually studied. Lesson learnt for life. _____________________________________________
My Personal Evaluation:
The Seven Intelligence Areas
Linguistic: 7Logical-Mathematical: 4Spatial: 3Bodily-Kinesthetic: 6Musical: 4Interpersonal: 5Intrapersonal: 8
Intrapersonal - the ability to assess one's own strengths, weaknesses, talents, and interests and use them to set goals, to understand oneself to be of service to others, to form and develop concepts and theories based on an examination of oneself, and to reflect on one's inner moods, intuitions, and temperament and to use them to create or express a personal view. Possible vocations that use the intrapersonal intelligence include planner, small business owner, psychologist, artist, religious leader, and writer.
Very true. I can so see myself doing in any of the vocations mentioned.
Linguistic - the ability to use language to describe events, to build trust and rapport, to develop logical arguments and use rhetoric, or to be expressive and metaphoric. Possible vocations that use linguistic intelligence include journalism, administrator, contractor, salesperson, clergy, counselors, lawyers, professor, philosopher, playwright, poet, advertising copywriter and novelist.
Quite true also. Hehe.
Which brings me to talk about intelligence. I am always very impressed with people who are so called intellectuals, who can simply amaze and astound you whenever they open their mouth and speak. And yet, I always believe that one’s intelligence is not based on how academic you are or how high an IQ you might have. From the people I’ve observed, there’s so many smart people out there but laziness is a factor that puts one back. You can do anything you put your mind to if only you just try. Maybe you just have to try harder than some others that’s all. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home