My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I will Boast of the Lord my God

24th May 2007
So there was I, having a bit of free time at night.
I was thinking I should probably get down to composing some songs.
My mind thought of all the wondrous praise and worship songs like ‘Indescribable’ and ‘Great in Power’ whose verses came from the Psalms in the bible.

Was thinking I could check out Psalms and get some inspiration there.
Opened my bible and started flipping through as what I usually do, which is reading randomly.
Everytime I do I hope I get a word or phrase that has meaning to the situation I’m in, but I never do, but still I keep on reading.
Anyway that night I decided to check out Psalms and get some lovely verses which I could turn into a song.
As usual I did not make a beeline for Psalms but just kept flipping through the bible from the back starting from the Gospels.
And then, while flipping through, I came to Jeremiah.
And I came to the verse/chapter title “True Wisdom”.

And then I read the verse: (Jeremiah 9:23-24)

23 Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, 24 but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.”

Imagine my surprise and delight!!!!
This was the verse of the song, “I will Boast” by Paul Baloche!
Did God just speak to me or what!
I couldn’t believe it.. there was I thinking of composing some nice songs with verses from the bible and in particular Psalms.
There He was hearing me and pointing out to me the verse of “I will Boast”. Which I did not know came from the bible.
He was also showing me that I could get phrases from anywhere in the bible to compose songs.
I was so happy.

This sorta thing, whereby God spoke to me through the bible happened like only once and it was 3 years back.

It was simply amazing and I just had to share it with you guys, hence my sms to many of you.
What was amazing was that Sharon Neo was also reading that chapter of Jeremiah.
*sigh* of happiness.
I will always remember this moment especially when I’m down, as I truly feel that it’s a sign of God’s love for me – Him clearly speaking to me at that moment. And that He loves me enough to speak to me.

P.S. Important thing which I must keep reminding myself is to keep on trying. There were many days when prayer was dry. Reading the bible was dry. But I kept on doing so coz I knew it was a good thing to do and it would bring me closer to Him. And in the end I was blessed with that moment with Him. I can never truly express how I feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home