My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I made it, I made it!!!!!

22nd June 2009

The day of my last semester exam results. Extremely worried about my ‘Everyday Creativity’ subject. Did not attend lectures or tutorials. Lectures, coz they were all taped and uploaded online. Tutorials because I got nothing out of it. The tutor made us give all the answers so what was the point of going. Anyway, I had no interest in this subject and as it is I was finding it difficult concentrating on studying while working full time this was essay writing of which I could not find the brain cells to come up with the substance. As for the other subject, which me and my friends label as the ‘Alien Language’ aka Phonetics and Phonology, though it seems difficult I knew I would pass, coz I was doing quite ok for the assignments. I was doing pretty badly for the assignments for the Everyday Creativity and if I flunked the exam that would be it. Gotta repeat another semester. Results would be out by 12 noon. Went to check after lunch. Thank God I passed!!!! YAYYY I’m a GRADUATE… I will be a DEGREE holder!!! And most importantly… NO MORE SCHOOL!!! As most of you know I hate part time studies, especially my time at SIM. I missed my real school days, the foundation years – pri & sec, and my poly time… but the adult learning at SIM was really sucky. Don’t get me wrong, SIM itself and the curriculum was fine, it was the process… going to school after a long day at the office, making a friend in class only to be going to different classes the following semester, as we could choose what subjects we want to study and we all entered the uni at a different time. The atmosphere was really cold and individualistic. Individualistic coz assignments were all individually done and people are usually not open to discussing assignments coz of the competitiveness. Anyway, I’m done with this all!!! Yayyyyy!!!!

23rd June 2009

I suddenly turn to my email while at the office and this email popped up:

From: Angela Soo Sai Geok

Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 4:22 PM
To: Marie Therese
Cc: Hua Meng Lee; Jelene Sim Sujun
Subject: Congratulations on your promotion!

Dear Marie
Congratulations on your promotion to Executive E1!
HR will be sending you an official letter on this.
Meng Lee and I will discuss your new job scope and let you know.
Thank you for the good effort and do continue with the good performance.


Cheers,
Angela SooDeputy Director, Corporate Communications


Thank you Jesus!!!! I made it, I made it!!! Before this, 35% of me did not want it. I’m a carefree, simple person. I do not need all the extra worries, responsibilities, all for what? For status and more money?? This is not me. But the remaining 65%, felt that I needed it. I’ve been working in the same company for 5 years. I’ve spent 2 additional years of my youth studying for my degree, something which there was no need for but I felt compelled to, so as to upgrade myself. Incurred huge debts because of this. Discovered my first (and only so far!!!) white hair about a month ago because of this!!!! Took on additional work in the office for one whole year with the hope (but no guarantee) that this promise will be kept!!!

I also need the additional respect from this!!! Getting promoted, especially since this time, its in designation and not only in grade at the junior level of rank and file staff, it certainly gets respect from peeps in the office. It shows that you are working hard. It shows that you are recognised by your boss for it. It shows that you can be counted on. And I really need this, to make my parents proud. My mom definitely is. To show that I’m on par with my brother. Ok, not really on par coz he is way up the ladder as he is way older than me, but its like almost every other time I keep hearing from my parents that he got a promotion. Its cliché, it’s not that I have to live up to my brother, but I have to show that I too, can do it. And they are happy for me as well. My mom just told me a few days ago. When I was speculating whether I would pass the promotion. She said that I could be doing just as what my brother is doing. Not comparable as we’re from different age groups, but going as far as him. And I reminded her that it was not my goal to go up and up and up the ladder as him, it’s just not me, and not for this job as well. And she explained that I could just go very far in whatever I want to do. Just overcome my complacency. And I was very happy. Because in the future I am gonna do something different and I need just this kind of encouragement. I know she is proud of me. And number 3. I have to keep up with my peers. And by getting promoted, to executive level (from Team Leader, supervisory level, which is considered junior staff), I have so called achieved that. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Okay, my goal is, learn as much as I can, save as much money as I can, and then instead of going up and up and up the ladder, I am preparing myself to take the winding cloudy road…I dunno what will happen once I choose that path, and I am very much afraid, because I dunno if I can make it, and because I will defy all conventions by choosing this route, but this is the road for me in the very near future.

And so, I made it through this chapter of my life for now. YEAHHH!!!:D
The next chapter starts… more work… arrrggghhh!!! LOL…


Spritually Wise...
I have been attending RCIA regularly every Friday.. haven’t learnt anything new yet except that its nurses and air stewardess who get married early (did you know that???) and I have decided to journey with the Alpha Course as well. The topics seem real interesting. Okay, so Thurs and Fris are dedicated to church stuff.

And my spiritual goal right now is to learn how to play mass hymms and parts of the mass on the guitar, on time for my Italy and France pilgrimage this coming August 26th. This is my dream, to play for mass. Not a big one of playing for Sunday mass in church but a teensy weensy one of playing for the masses that will be held during my pilgrimage. I will be starting lessons this coming Sunday. I am so nervous. So far, all the guitar playing I’ve done is Praise & Worship songs. And the strumming is all done though hearing and interpreting how the song sounds like.. I don’t follow the set patterns of strumming.. and as I said, I’m a simple person, I play the guitar simply.. I do not know any cheem cheem chords, or any complicated way of playing the songs.. I just do it.. it seemed to work fine the last time I played P&W for the youth which was like 2 years ago sobsobs but I don’t know how this so called skills of mine will work for playing mass songs or how my teacher will take it.. I’m so nervous and worried but no matter what I have to be able to do it and I will be able to do it because so far, it’s not a coincidence but its God that gave me the opportunity to arrange to learn for this, and He knows my desire, so I’m crossing my fingers and strumming my guitar and praying for the best :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home