My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Catching Up!!!

Sequence of Events

14 June 2009
Red Cross Standard First Aid Exam Day


Yayyyyy!!! After 2 ½ days of which I would call a crash course in learning First AiD (6 & 7 of June and the 1st half of 14th), it was exam time. Theory Test: 30 MCQ questions, 18 to pass. Busily studying during lunch time. Passed! Scored an 18. Then immediately after was the practical test. I was tested on an elbow bandage!!! Yayyy!!! So simple!!! Debra got palm bandage!!! What she wanted!!! (These 2 were much easier than the one arm sling or the collarbone bandage hehehe)

Then came CPR. Was nervous before.. coz didn’t know if I could find the notch, if I could remember the sequence.. uh oh.. was more worried in getting in right as don’t wanna screw things up in times of emergencies. What if I break the ribs? Luckily our examiner was so nice. Even though he seemed fierce at the first instance. He cracked jokes and all. Made the nervousness disappear. It helped that I was paired up with an Indian guy sent by a construction company. No, I’m not stereotyping, but it just so happened he kept his hands pressed down on the dummy’s chest, when he should lift his fingers up. Phew. The examiner focussed on him. But then when we started the compression, he said that both of us were pumping away and not relaxing. Ok, got it right the 2nd time. Then he told me to stop, and started asking the other guy questions, asking him when does he stop pumping. Easy, I thought. The guy struggled to answer and needed prompting. Then he turned to me! Uh oh. Thought he wasn’t gonna ask me anything. He asked what would I do once I find out the casualty starts to breathe. Ahh, I remembered, put him into the recovery position I said. The examiner pressed on, and then what do you do? Do you leave him like that? I said, check for any possible injuries before placing him in the recovery position. Was that all? Uh oh…I was humming and hawing.. He then prompted me and asked how long before I next checked on the casualty. Hmm.. my mind was racing.. errr 10 minutes I said? No.. it was supposed to be 5.. woops… misunderstood… by checking he meant to check if the casualty stopped breathing again.. and it takes 4 minutes of non breathing before the brain cells start to die…Phew.. I still passed anyway!! 1 more month to collecting my card sized cert, to prove that I’m a certified First Aider. Yayyy… a chance to help others in need. Mummy was happy too. She said I was sure to pass because I liked what I was doing. Yeah!!! Just hope that I remember what I learnt throughout these 3 years that the cert lasts. I’m sure I will!!!

15 June onwards

This week was a good week, God was helping me throughout. I had so much backlogged cases you wouldn’t believe. Nasty customers would probably have me by my throat for getting back to them so late if not for God protecting me. Yippeee…. Praise and thank God for helping me with those tough cases. Was it because I visited the Blessed Sacrament once this week? Anyway, all I know is that it helped that I prayed and asked and devoted time to Him.

The 15th was also the day of the Higher Responsibilities Assessment Test. At 9.30am. Oops. Did not really study the day before coz was sooo tired. Was busy cramming up the details into my head just before going for the test. Luckily the meeting room was occupied and our test was postponed to 10am. Was a bit worried as was to be tested on Excel and did not know what was ‘VlookUp’. Luckily my manager knows I don’t have to use it and did not even learn it. Still it would be awkward if I was tested on it and left it blank. Thank God it was just a simple addition and calculation of profit and percentage and placing the details on a chart!!! Thank you Jesus!!! I think I will pass this test. Does passing this test means I automatically get promoted? Gotta wait and see!! Hehe!!!

Called my brother’s place today as did not get to go over on Saturday, 13th June as my nieces were sick. Had not seen them for almost ½ a year. Why? Me lah. So busy. Found out that they were doing much better but did not get to speak to them. After hanging up the phone I could not stop crying. Missed them SO badly. And it was all my fault for not making time to see them. It’s funny how you can really miss someone even though they are right in front of you. And it’s also funny how you realise how much you miss someone when you have a chance to see them and don’t and don’t have a chance to see them when you can. If you know what I mean/.

Anyway, I got to see them on Wednesday 17 June where we had an early Father’s Day dinner. Though the girls, 6 and 5 years, were so shy and took a while to get used to me again. Oh wells. This Tita will win them over once again!!! Soon they loosened up and were playing with me again. And they loved the surprised eggs I gave to them. Haha.. I’ll be in their good books once again, yeah!!!

19 June

Instead of RCIA today, the movie FireProof was shown. Too bad I missed about an hour of the show. In the afternoon I consumed the Waist tonic that my manager bought for us and threw up my lunch immediately after. I had to eat dinner before coming and when I reached church I had a bad tummy ache that hit me just as I settled down comfortably in the auditorium. The movie was good!!! It just shows that marriage is a commitment to love and c’mon, whats with all these divorces, people are taking marriage as a joke, being blinded by their romantic notions of love. You choose to love your partner and you choose to make that work, not choose the easy way out when the going gets tough. And Kirk Cameron stars!!! He was my very first childhood celebrity crush, right Growing Pains. Though he looked verry different in the show but he sorta grew on me again.

20 June

Friends Therapy Day. I’ve been so busy with school and work and all that I had not met some of my bestest friends in such a long time. Today was really good coz I finally met Mai (primary school) and Seb (poly) after sooooooooo long. Swensens breakfast was good too. I need more friends therapy. It works wonders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home