My Spiritual Journey

How one person overcame her falls, with the love of the One Above All

Sunday, March 22, 2009

B-Day

Okay, so yesterday finally arrived. Yesterday was the B-day.. the day I was gonna have my blood taken! Yes, I don’t know why, but I’m very squeamish when it comes to blood. Funny thing was, I was not like this some years back coz I wanted to donate blood when I first joined poly. But yeah, time passed, people change, I’m weird, and I put it off long enough. I needed to give my blood because I wanna know how I am doing internally. Every year our company has this free health check but you need to have your blood taken for it to be analysed, and so far each year, I passed. However this year I thought it was about time, and I decided I was going to go through with it no matter how much I dreaded the thought.

I dreaded the thought so much that I was still thinking of why I must force myself to do something I did not want to do and I scared myself so silly even though I have to admit it was nothing! I was that psyched up until I think I turned white and my colleagues said I was shivering. Lol. Even though it was really nothing, I could not feel the blood being taken, although I did feel the needle go in and the change of needles – they needed to take 3 tubes – and the nurse was not very gentle nor very friendly. Oh wells. Did I get over my fear? I’m not sure.


But let me leave you with something I read in the Catholic News March 29 2009 edition (this week), where there was a blood donation drive at Church of the Immaculate Heart this lentern season: “Alluding to the blood that Jesus sacrificed to redeem humankind, Jason hoped that with his donation of blood, he could ‘do the same for someone else’s life’”. Yes, the keyword here is the blood that Jesus sacrificed to redeem humankind. Jesus’s blood. I think this is enough for me to bear in mind the next time I’m actually considering donating blood to save someone’s life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home